Hi there, welcome to the final installment in our ’40 Things We’ve Learned From 4 Years in Business’ series.
In Part 1 we covered the big topics of Foundation, Fear & Faith, Part 2 covered our lessons on Teamwork & Trust, and last week in Part 3 we talked about our Customers. Go ahead and catch up if you need to 🙂
And so this week, we’re talking about THE FUTURE. And even though things may change, our plans for the future of our business are positively influenced from everything we’ve learned so far on our road to success.
Ready for our last 10 Lessons? Let’s get started!
40 Things We’ve Learned From 4 Years in Business
31. Plan to be successful: as Abraham Lincoln says, ‘The best way to predict your future is to create it.’
32. Set goals and monitor progress: we’ve learned it’s vital to a) set defined goals for the future, and b) to monitor the progress of those goals to make sure you’re on your way to achieving them. It’s wonderfully romantic to doodle the future, but progress doesn’t happen without action.
33. Reframe the word ‘failure’: it’s all about putting your Big Girl Pants on and finding a way to see the positives so you can move on to the next opportunity.
34. It’s all in the mind, baby: a successful future is as much to do with mindset as it is to do with hard work & hustle. If not more so.
35. Old ways won’t open new doors: although the PR industry has followed a fairly steady path over the last few decades, the media world itself changes at lightening speed. We’ve made a commitment to adapt to the changes of the landscape to best serve our clients as well as ourselves.
36. Commit to working ‘on’ your business, instead of ‘in’ your business: systems, outsourcing, leveraging, boundaries… all essential for real growth.
37. Work towards ‘incremental upgrades’: if we look at everything we want to do for the business over the next 5 years it can quickly seem very overwhelming. By breaking it down into incremental chunks, our plans suddenly seem more manageable.
38. Create something you’re proud of: no matter what the future *could* bring, always remember your ‘Why’.
39. Always aim higher: we’re digressing into soppy territory now but it’s true: we believe in always aiming higher when setting goals for the future, for ourselves as well as for our clients.
40. Success takes time: and we’re here for the long haul.
Thank you for reading this series, we hope you’ve enjoyed learning from our lessons as much as we’ve enjoyed the process! You can recap on our series via the links below.
And when you’re ready to take your own brand to the next level, call us on 01305 458149 for a confidential discussion on your situation.
To your PR & Marketing success!
Sophie Kermani & Pippa Gibb
Directors, In The Bag PR
*NEW* Do you sell Products? You’ll love our new Pay-For-Results Service: Click below for details…