Hi there, welcome to Part 3 of our new ’40 Things We’ve Learned From 4 Years in Business’ series.
And so this week, we’re talking about CUSTOMERS. We’ve learned a lot (fun lessons as well as difficult ones) and we’re excited to jump in and share with you today.
Let’s get started!
40 Things We’ve Learned From 4 Years in Business
21. Customers are the most important part of your business: for so many reasons! We’re here to serve: if you start forgetting that, either change your business, or get new customers.
22. It’s ok to be selective: it’s ok to choose to work with some brands over others. Go with your gut, you’ll be glad you did.
23. Just because you *can* help someone, doesn’t mean you *should*: this is a very important lesson. Some brands come to us for PR but they’re just just not ready… maybe their business is too young, their concept isn’t fully developed, or their budget isn’t confirmed. Operate with integrity: give people the grace & space they need to come on board when they’re ready.
24. Your first negative customer experience will hurt: a lot.
25. Don’t dwell on customers you can’t serve: and focus instead on the ones you can!
26. It’s ok to outgrow some client relationships: every business must evolve to survive. And if you’re too tied up with clients that don’t support your own vision for your company’s future, it will take a lot longer to reach your goals.
27. Get recommendations: our client testimonials and case studies are responsible for more account wins than any other referral method. Our reviews are also the reason we’ve been awarded Recommended Agency Status from the RAR 3 years running. They’re worth their weight in gold.
28. Be generous: adding value to our customer relationships has been rewarding in so many ways. Sometimes, it’s the little touches that go the longest way, and we’re proud to go above and beyond for the brands we serve.
29. Ask for the business: reach out. Make connections. Do the pitch. Even if it’s scary to reach out to new businesses (or brands you think are out of your league) feel the fear and do it anyway!
30. Work with people who inspire you: sure, we provide our clients with a valuable service that adds to their business, but we also learn a lot from them in return which enriches our own brand. Once we got a taste for brilliant clients, there was no turning back, and we’re proud to say we love everyone we’re working with!
See you next week for part 4 in our ‘40 Things We’ve Learned From 4 Years in Business’ series, where we’ll be looking to the future.
To your PR & Marketing success!
Sophie Kermani & Pippa Gibb
Directors, In The Bag PR
*Blog cover image taken by John Grindle of www.dorsetfoodiefamily.co.uk
*NEW* Do you sell Products? You’ll love our new Pay-For-Results Service: Click below for details…