It happens to so many businesses: once upon a time someone sets up a Facebook Page. The Page gets forgotten about, and now that you’re ready to start again, there’s a problem.
Well fortunately, Facebook allows you to merge duplicate Pages so you don’t lose Fans or company-specific details, like the Facebook URL. Merging Pages combines all of your likes and check-ins from multiple accounts into one Page.
when two become one: How to Merge duplicate facebook pages
Merging combines the people who like your Pages and any check-ins, but posts, photos, reviews, ratings and the username will be deleted from the Page you merge.
Consider this carefully before you proceed as it cannot be undone.
The Page you want to keep will remain unchanged, except for the addition of people who like the Page and check-ins that were merged from the other Page.
The Page you don’t want to keep will be removed from Facebook, and you won’t be able to unmerge it.
The Simple Way: Merge 2 Facebook Business Pages
- Go to facebook.com/pages/merge
- Select the Page you want to keep from the first dropdown menu, then select the Page you want to merge from the second dropdown menu.
- If your Pages can be merged, click Confirm.
For more complex requests: Merge up to 5 Facebook Business Pages
- For more complex cases you can submit a request to Facebook
- Read all the information carefully and submit all the required details. Merging Pages cannot be undone.
- Await the outcome of your case from the Facebook support team. DO NOT submit more than one request for the same merges – you may be penalised by having all your Pages removed.
Not the Manager of all Facebook Pages you want merging?
You can only merge Facebook Pages that you actually manage.
Therefore, you will need to be added as an Administrator or Manager to all Pages in order to proceed with the steps above.
See our blog post, ‘How To Secure Your Facebook Page’ for steps to add new Admins & Managers to a Facebook Business Page.
That’s it for this edition of #MarketingMinute
Enjoy, and see you next time!
The team at In The Bag PR