Being motivated about your goals is crucial to your success. And one of the best ways to tackle your 2017 PR & Marketing planning is to start from what you want to achieve, then work backwards.
- Which publications would you love to be featured in?
- What do you want to have achieved financially in your business?
- How many new Fans / Followers do you want to have gained on your social media profiles?
Achieving your Goals: Tactics
Say one of your goals for 2017 is to get published in a National magazine.
You will significantly increase the likelihood of achieving this goal by breaking down and understanding every step in the process leading up to the day the magazines hit the news stands.
Your path to achieve this goal will look something like this:
- Identify Press Contact at the Magazine. Email to introduce yourself and begin to build a relationship.
- Obtain copy of forward features list for upcoming topics.
- See where your brand may fit in and prepare for that (taking note of deadlines). OR, pitch your idea if it doesn’t fit in with their planned content schedule.
- Make sure you have professional photography that is in line with their image guidelines.
- Craft your key message / draft your press release.
- Submit to the Team.
- Follow up your pitch, respond to questions and make changes where required.
- Make a plan to maximise your PR when it hits stands: share on your own Social Media Profiles, consider paying for Facebook Ads to further promote your product or service. Share the PR in your personal and business networks.
You will see that although there are many steps involved in hitting your goals, the task always seems so much more manageable when you break down tasks into bite-sized chunks.
So, what are your goals for 2017? We’d love to hear your plans in the comments below.
NEW* Do you sell Products? You’ll love our new Pay-For-Results Service: Click below for details…